Since it’s PopChips week, I couldn’t help but feature a dip recipe. Who doesn’t love chips and dip? No friend of mine, that’s for sure.
As I’ve gotten older, I find that I crave salty snacks much more than sweet ones. Don’t get me wrong, my sweet tooth is still alive and well, but when it comes down to it, I’d really just be happy with some chips and dip. Creamy, tangy, blue cheese dip, to be exact. My favorite.
Unfortunately blue cheese dip isn’t exactly the healthiest condiment of all time, so I’ve made a few modifications to help lighten it up. It’s so good that I promise even the most discriminating dip lover won’t know it’s lower in fat.
For buffalo wing-type flavor, pair with barbecue PopChips — delicious! And don’t forget, you could win a PopChips variety pack (a box of 12 snack-sized bags of various flavors) for your snacking pleasure by doing one (or more!) of the following:
- Comment in this post (and/or subsequent posts this week)
- Follow me on Twitter @FreshandFoodie
- Follow PopChips on Twitter @PopChips or @PopChipsChicago
- Retweet or comment on this giveaway on Twitter and include the hashtag #FoodiePopChips
I’ll choose one winner out of all “entries” received next Monday (the 30th) using random.org. For shipping purposes, winner must be a residents of the continental United States. Good luck!
Creamy Greek Blue Cheese Dip
What you need:
- 4 ounces whipped cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup 2% Greek yogurt (I prefer Fage)
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- About 2 or 3 tablespoons chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Salt and pepper and barbecue PopChips, for serving
- Assorted crudités (I love that word!), for serving
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, Greek yogurt, blue cheese, chives and pepper with a hand mixer. Blend until whipped and well combined. Transfer dip to a serving bowl and top with additional chives and freshly cracked pepper.