Half Acre Beer Company (North Center, Chicago — 4257 N. Lincoln)
If the Gods of craft beer got together and had a party, this is what it would be like.
Oh, wait. They DID get together and this is what it WAS like.
The craft beer scene in Chicago is alive and well, and as a beer-lover, I couldn’t be happier. In fact, just the other day, the Chicago Tribune wrote a column about this very topic. Many of the breweries mentioned in the article were present at On Photon.
However, while I’m very much into supporting local businesses as much as possible, it’s safe to say that when it comes to beer, my house is a Half Acre house. My husband has been on the Half Acre cycling team for the past few years, and its been exciting to watch the brewery and the brand grow into what it is today. I’m so thrilled to have been a part of this awesome event. Gabriel, Matt and the rest of the Half Acre crew really know how to throw a party.
- Half Acre, Chicago IL
- Three Floyds, Munster IN
- Piece, Chicago IL
- Goose Island, Chicago IL
- Revolution, Chicago IL
- Flossmoor Station, Flossmoor IL
- Metropolitan, Chicago, IL
- Pipeworks, Chicago IL
- Short’s, Bellaire MI
- Dogfish, Milton DE
- Cigar City, Tampa FL
- Six Point, Brooklyn NY
- Double Daisy Cutter, Half Acre
- Freedom 0f ’78, Half Acre
- Hell’s Black Intelligencer, made with Intelligentsia coffee, Three Floyds
- Pullman Brown, Flossmoor Station
- Grandma’s Sleigh Ride, Flossmor Station
- Urban Belly’s Belly Dog with spicy curry mustard, crispy shallots and slaw
- Nice Cream’s delicious burnt caramel ice cream
- My Half Acre wool cycling jersey, which was a big hit with the guys at the party
(Yes, that’s a marching band. Mucca Pazza!)
Can’t wait until the next party!