This isn’t really a recipe, but rather an idea. Everyone knows how to make French toast, right?
I love Panettone (the one from Whole Foods is especially good) and every Christmas morning I make Panettone French toast for my family. The other morning I was feeling festively creative (I guess I couldn’t wait until Christmas) and whipped up this little Nutella-stuffed gem. I posted a picture of it on Instagram and people went insane, so I decided to share it with you.
It’ll definitely be making a repeat appearance on Christmas morning.
Happy holidays, everyone. Enjoy yourselves and each other.
Nutella and Banana-Stuffed Panettone French Toast (makes as many as you want)
What you need:
- A loaf of Panettone, halved then cut into slices (you should get about 16 slices out of a whole loaf)
- Banana, sliced on a diagonal bias to create wide slices
- Maple syrup
How you do it:
- Make sandwiches by slathering as much Nutella and banana as you want between two slices of panettone. Set aside.
- Create a custard by mixing eggs, a splash of milk and a pinch of cinnamon together in a shallow bowl that’s large enough for dunking.
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat, and dunk each sandwich in the custard just before adding to the skillet. Cook for approximately 2 or 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Top with real maple syrup.