The second I saw a picture of these cookies on Pinterest (which may be the most awesome website ever created), I knew I had to make them. Those of you who have been coming around here a while already know that I’m extremely obsessed with peanut butter, so when I saw these cookies it’s almost as if they spoke to me. And if that weren’t enough, there’s Nutella, too.
Need I say more? Just make them already.
Salted Peanut Butter Cookies with Nutella Swirl
Slightly modified from Delightful Bitefuls
What you need:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter, smooth or chunky
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- A generous drizzle of Nutella (I didn’t measure — use as much as you’d like!)
- A tablespoon or so of coarse sea salt
How you do it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, peanut butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla and mix with a hand mixer until well blended.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, making sure to scrape the bowl occasionally.
- Once the batter is well mixed, use a spoon to drizzle Nutella on top of the dough. Don’t be shy! Once you’ve added the desired amount, use a butter knife to swirl the Nutella into the dough. Chill dough 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Scoop dough onto a Silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet (this recipe makes approximately 20 cookies depending on size). Using a fork, lightly press down on each cookie to create the classic grid marks, then sprinkle each with a bit of sea salt.
- Bake until edges are very lightly browned; about 10 minutes. Allow cookies to rest for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.