The second I saw a picture of these cookies on Pinterest (which may be the most awesome website ever created), I knew I had to make them. Those of you who have been coming around here a while already know that I’m extremely obsessed with peanut butter, so when I saw these cookies it’s almost as if they spoke to me. And if that weren’t enough, there’s Nutella, too.
Need I say more? Just make them already.
Salted Peanut Butter Cookies with Nutella Swirl
Slightly modified from Delightful Bitefuls
What you need:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter, smooth or chunky
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- A generous drizzle of Nutella (I didn’t measure — use as much as you’d like!)
- A tablespoon or so of coarse sea salt
How you do it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, peanut butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla and mix with a hand mixer until well blended.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, making sure to scrape the bowl occasionally.
- Once the batter is well mixed, use a spoon to drizzle Nutella on top of the dough. Don’t be shy! Once you’ve added the desired amount, use a butter knife to swirl the Nutella into the dough. Chill dough 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Scoop dough onto a Silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet (this recipe makes approximately 20 cookies depending on size). Using a fork, lightly press down on each cookie to create the classic grid marks, then sprinkle each with a bit of sea salt.
- Bake until edges are very lightly browned; about 10 minutes. Allow cookies to rest for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
I can see why you wanted to make these- I want some now!
I will have to make these. They sound amazing and nothing is better than peanut butter and nutella.
No wonder you had to make these, they sound delicious!
This is a real keeper, I am glad you posted. Simply delicious-thanks so much.
Yes yes and YES! That looks absolutely amazing…I made Nutella swirl cookies not too long ago and they were absolutely yummy. Yours look even better than mine! YUM
Sweet and Salty – the perfect combination. Oh and Nutella…these simply could not be any better. Thanks for sharing.
woah… all super star ingredients! Yum!
Bookmarked… you always kill me with the baked goods!
Yummy these cookies look delicious!! PS I just adore the title of your blog, too cute!! xoxo
I was just looking at a peanut butter cookie recipe and thinking of adding some chocolate in…. but nutella!!?? Yes please! They look, sound, and I’m sure taste, amazing!
You had me at peanut butter. 🙂
So delish, thanks for sharing!
I believe you have my address.
You totally had me at nutella swirl 🙂 These look delicious!
I may need to whip up a batch of these before the power goes out! They sound awesome!
Peanut butter + nutella = the best cookies ever! Love these!!
Oh wow, those look so tasty..so tempting..yummy!!
Be still my heart…peanut butter and Nutella?! I’m in love.
these are the best! my new favorite peanut butter cookie recipe. made them last night as soon as i saw the post up on twitter. thanks for sharing!!!
These look wonderful, Bobbi! I haven’t made a PB and Nutella cookie but these look divine! Yum.
Goodness, those look sinful! I haven’t made cookies on my blog in awhile- these seem like a good one to try!
We bumped into your blog and we really liked it – great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.
We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.
Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.
To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on “Add your site”
WOW! These sound unreal, and so unique! I’m planning on baking up a cookie storm this weekend, so I might just need to add these to our list 🙂 Thanks for the recipe!
Pingback: Salted Peanut Butter Cookies with Nutella | Pass The Sushi!